April 5, 1950
President and CEO Shunichi Sugita
Director Tamotsu Watanabe
Director Toshiei Yamaga
Director Hiroharu Miyazaki
Concurrently serve as chairman of the board, TOYO PRECISION APPLIANCE (KUNSHAN) CO., LTD
Director Takashi Hayashiguchi
Director Toshihide Murakami
Auditor Takefumi Hirata
Auditor Masaki Tomobuchi
855.55 million yen
*As of June 2019
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd.
87.9% (As of June 2019) *Excluding treasury stock
Number of employees
*As of June 2019
Description of business
Manufacture of metal products
IT equipment chassis, optical equipment chassis, automotive equipment, various container products, construction sheet metal products, etc.
Metal surface treatment
Comprehensive surface treatment for stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, etc.
Office and plants
[Head Office/Yahiko Plant]
PC chassis/optical device chassis/construction sheet metal manufacturing
761-1, Odo, Nishikanbara-gun Yahiko-mura, Niigata
TEL: +81-256-94-4835 (Main)
PC peripherals/automotive equipment/various container manufacturing
1961, Somagi, Tsubame-shi, Niigata
TEL: +81-256-62-5175 (Main)
[TOYO PRECISION APPLIANCE (KUNSHAN) CO., LTD]
Main Plant (anodizing Plant): No.188 Gaoding Road, Economic & Technical Development Zone, Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province, China
- Established TOYO RIKAGAKU KENKYUSHO co., LTD. in Tsubame City, Niigata Prefecture as Japan’s first company specializing in stainless steel Electrolytic polishing
- Developed black coloring of stainless steel
- Established the first anodizing Treatment Department in Niigata Prefecture
- Became the first company in Japan to commercialize coloring of stainless steel.
- Started in-house production of welded stainless steel containers
- Established the Tool fabrication department
- Began mass production of extra deep-drawing containers made of stainless steel using warm stamping technology
- Developed functional layer for hard magnetic disks.
- Received “Medium and Small Business Research Institute Award”
- Received “Tsubame City Industrial Merit Award”
- Received “Niigata Prefecture Economic Promotion Award”
- Developed super E.D.D. (Extra Deep Drawing) technology for stainless steel and titanium
- Received “Niigata Prefecture Governor’s Award” (for meritorious commerce and industry promotion)
- Received “Niigata Prefecture Governor’s Award” (Niigata Prefecture Technology Award) for two consecutive years
- Began mass production of extra deep-drawing square containers made of stainless steel using E.D.D. technology.
- Began mass production of single-lens reflex camera bodies made of titanium with facing hydraulic press
- Received “Distinguished Service Award for Processing Technology Development” from the JAPAN Titanium Society.
- The Asahi Foundation For Small And Medium Enterprise Promotion Received ”5th Small and Medium Enterprise Excellent New Technology / New Product Award”
- Received “Niigata Prefecture Governor’s Award” (Niigata Prefecture Technology Award) for the development of integrated metal double wall container processing technology
- The Asahi Foundation For Small And Medium Enterprise Promotion Received ”9th Small and Medium Enterprise Excellent New Technology / New Product Award”
- Received the “Technology Development Award” from the Japan Society for Technology of Plasticity
- Acquired ISO 9001:1994 certification
- Received “Regional Revitalization Contributing Company Award” from the National Land Agency/Japan Center for Regional Development
- Received “Tsubame Grand Prize” from Tsubame City
- Built Yahiko No.4 Plant
- Acquired ISO 9001:2000 certification
- Received “Niigata Federation of Labour Standards Associations Chairman’s Award” (for excellent labor management)
- Acquired ISO14001 certification
- Established TOYO PRECISION APPLIANCE (KUNSHAN) CO., LTD
- Built Yahiko Sogo Building
- November: Capital participation by Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd.
- January: Became a member of the Nippon Light Metal Group